CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

Today is our baby girl's first birthday.  One year ago today, she came into this world.  Today I have so many emotions.  I feel sadness that I can't hold her in my arms.  I feel relief that she is doing so well and that she continues to grow and thrive.  I feel happiness for her that she is able to celebrate her first birthday in her birth country with the foster family who loves her so dearly.  I feel so grateful to God that we will have the opportunity to be parents to this beautiful, precious baby girl in a few short months. 

I can't think about today without thinking of ALL of Han's mothers.  I think about her foster mother, who has given her love in her home since she was two weeks old.  When I think of the sacrificial love that it takes to care for a baby for 17-18 months and then let her go, it makes my heart break.  I can't imagine how she will be able to say goodbye, and we will be forever indebted to her and her family for the love they have given Han during this important time in her life.  I also think about Han's birth mother.  I cannot imagine the strength and love it took her to choose life for her baby girl.  I know she is thinking of Han today, and I pray that her heart is at peace.  I pray that God will give her a peace beyond understanding.  I pray that somehow she will know in her heart that Han is loved, treasured, and safe.

It has been a sad day, but a happy one as well.  We have a happy, healthy one-year-old little girl.  We WILL bring her home soon.  We will continue to pray and to wait.  I'll post pictures soon to show our little celebration for Han's special day!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have just found your blog; such an answer to prayer as I have been having trouble finding ones about Korean adoptions. Actually, I'm still on the lookout for Asutralians adopting Koreans. I can hear your heartbreak as you wait for Anna Kate and I will be praying for you as you long and yearn for her to be with you all. We have had adoption on our hearts for a few months now, and especially for a Korean girl, but only feel like now we are ready to take the next step of finding out about the process. Many blessings.