CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What to Pray...

Last night I had a hard time going to sleep.  My thoughts were all over the place.  I'm starting a new part-time job, the boys are starting a new school year tomorrow, and this baby is on her way!  I am trying to take Philippians 4:6-7 to heart:  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.   And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I am a natural worrier.  I guess most moms are.  But I am praying that God will help me to turn my worries into prayers.  When an anxious thought comes into my mind, I am trying to make it a little prayer of the heart.  It definitely takes the stress off.

Right now, Jake and I are praying for our baby girl.  If AIAA's timeline stays close to what they are predicting (up to 6 months to a referral), she may be born now or will be born any day.  So of course we are praying for her birth mom and that she will have peace in her heart as she makes this very brave and difficult choice.  We pray that somehow she will know that her daughter will be protected, cherished, and loved with all of our hearts.  We pray for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.  We pray for the foster parents.  We pray that they will provide a safe and loving home for her and that she will know her first loving relationship in their arms.  Wow... there's so much to pray and I'm just getting started!

It's so good to know that God is in control.  We trust him to keep her safe and to lead us to her.

On a side note, my sister-in-law Casey sent over some girl baby clothes today.  They were some outfits from her daughter Sophia.  How crazy to hang little pink things in the closet!  This is gonna be fun!

Kelly

No comments: